- About Sydney Photographer Stephanie Moring
Hi there, I’m Steph (née Flack) of Stephanie Simone Photography.
Here's six fun facts about me!
- My creative career has spanned many roles; having previously worked as a graphic designer, dressing top models at the New York Fashion Week and a Deputy Picture Editor for the Australian Associated Press (AAP).
- I hold a Bachelor of Design and a Masters of Media Practice.
- I was an ice skater for over 20 years but finally retired when I turned 30!
- By day, I work as a content producer and photographer for a major Australian wine brand. On weekends (and the occasional weekday), I shoot weddings which I absolutely love!
- I've photographed a few famous people including a former Prime Minister, Katy Perry & Ruby Rose.
- My work has been published in major newspapers and fashion magazines in Australia as well as international publications.
Q. Where are you based?
A. I’m based in Sydney’s Northern Suburbs and can travel across the greater Sydney areas.
Q. Do you enjoy shooting weddings?
Absolutely! Having been a bride myself, I have a new perspective on the day, and feel I can relate much better to how the bride and groom feel on the day. I believe this had made me a better wedding photographer.
Q. What’s your favourite thing about shooting weddings?
The bride and her bridemaids getting ready is one of my favourite things too shoot. There’s so many great candid moments to capture as the bride is getting ready so I always love it when I get to be there for it! It also reminds me of the days when I did ice skating competitions - making sure hair and make-up is perfect before performing. A wedding isn’t too dissimilar (except there’s no one scoring you at the end!) - a lot of preparation is required before the event.
Q. What’s is your background in photography?
I’ve been a photographer for over 10 years and hold a Bachelor of Design with studies in photography. Along with my own professional development, I learned on the job as a photo assistant in New York before building my own business. I also hold a Masters of Media Practice and previously worked as a picture editor and video producer at a large news company for over 7 years.
Q. What camera gear do you use?
A. I use 2 Canon 5D Mark II camera bodies, and a lens kit that includes a 100mm lens for portraits, a 24-70mm and a 70-200mm lens.
Q. Will the images be high-res and edited?
A. Definitely! Every client receives fully edited, high resolution jpeg images on either a USB or disc.
Q. Do you provide props for photo shoots?
A. Typically clients like to bring their own such as balloons or flowers. I can source quality props for you for an additional fee.
Q. What should we wear for our engagement shoot / lifestyle shoot?
A. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in and whatever suits your personality. It's best to avoid wearing clothes with logos or brand names on them.
As Featured In
© Stephanie Simone Photography | email@example.com